The heart of your house deserves a lot more importance than it generally gets. While you are planning to remodel your entire house, why not invest some time in planning for this room also. It is not just the place where you cook and eat, but also a place where you pour a drink for your guests while chatting with them, where you socialize with your friends who have come for dinner, where you spend quality time with your entire family while enjoying sumptuous Sunday breakfasts.
Thinking about investment issues? Well, decorating kitchens don’t need a fortune. You just need to invest on essentials like cabinets and lightings, and the rest will only need innovative ideas and planning. Take a look at some of the best kitchen ideas that you will come across.
- Install colorful wallpapers – Gone are the days of boring wall paint. To deck up your kitchen in a very fancy manner, go for innovative wallpapers. If you research a bit, you will get to see variations of interesting wallpapers. If you want to add something quirky, go for the ones which have utensils printed on it, or different food items! But if you want something safe, go for the ones with floral or geometrical patterns. If your kitchen area is small, light colored wallpapers with geometrical designs can do wonders, making the space look bigger. Research online and contact a reputed wallpaper manufacturer.
- Cabinets – An essential item in your kitchen, which decks up the space as well, is a kitchen cabinet. There are many manufacturers who offer kitchen cabinets in various shapes, sizes, and colors. If you choose a cabinet of various shades like cherry red or off white, it is surely going to give your kitchen a status. If you think buying a cabinet may reduce your bank balance to a huge extent, you are wrong. Check websites for Discount Kitchen Cabinets. Go for the Ready to assemble or RTA cabinets, if your budget does not allow the traditional ones. Also, it should match the walls and other furniture of your house, and should not look out of place.
- Working with the lights – We all know that no place can look its best without installing proper lights, no matter how beautifully it has been decorated. The kinds of lights available will leave you spoiled for choices. Statement chandelier, Simple pressed glass tube pendant lights, LED lights, Round boon pendant lights and a lot of other options are there, but of course your budget and choice matters. For more intricate lighting, go for inside and under cabinet lights. The soft lights will give focus to your beautiful kitchen china and the well-maintained counter top. Let the lights enhance the beauty of the heart of your house.
- Decorate that space above the cabinets – Use that awkward space above the kitchen cabinets by using old wine bottles, flower vases, antique photo frames or paintings, or simply stacking cookbooks! If you are keeping flower vases over there and changing flowers every day or every alternate day is tedious for you, you can also opt for plastic flowers, which look as good as the real ones. Storing cookbooks or your grandmother’s old recipe notebooks, to refer to from time to time, is a good idea also.
- Use beautiful curtains – Window treatment is very important for a kitchen. Use embroidered frilly curtains or the ones with intricate Persian designs. If you want to give your kitchen a very contemporary look, you can also go for Roller blinds. Choose the drapes carefully, as it plays a major role in decorating the heart of the house.
Apart from these, purchase stylish chairs and stools, work on the countertops and make sure your kitchen does not end up looking clumsy due to over decoration. So, buy beautiful wallpapers, lights, kitchen cabinets, curtains and a few showpieces and make your kitchen area everyone’s envy!